Friday, June 19, 2009

PABF Championships

I played interclub last night so missed the second half of our Juniors against Australia on Vugraph. Since BBO saves its Vugraph sessions I was able to download it and construct a text file report of the match which is below.

It's incomplete but I think they had some technical problems. The commentary is in a block at the end of each hand rather than mixed in with the play and this means that sometimes the comments refer to the previous hand. I also included a Deep Finesse style double dummy analysis.

Here is the link: PABF_R1-2.txt

UPDATE:
I've added two more, the NZ women against Australia and the open team against Singapore:
Here is the link: PABF_R1-4.txt
Here is the link: PABF_R1-7.txt

The first one is definitely worth a look. I'm not the kind of person who normally knocks women's bridge but there are two hands in there that are really quite special. Board 19 features an eight card spade suit headed by AK that was not bid beyond the two level at one table and not bid at all at the other table. On board 25, Australia came close to making 3NT at both tables.

No comments: